AltaSea CEO and San Pedro community leader Tim McOsker tells the story of getting a longshore casual card as a college student during an era when the cards were distributed at the unemployment office.
April 16, 2021
Stories Of Los Angeles Harbor Area – For Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
Vol. II, No. 48 – Tim McOsker on the docks “Yes, we have no bananas…”
Tim McOsker remembers summer job working on the docks with “card” passed on from one brother to another.
Attorney at law by profession, Tim is former Chief of Staff for City of Los Angeles Mayor James Hahn, long time San Pedro community leader, currently CEO Altasea, and in the running for Los Angeles City Council to represent District 15.
Volume II stories are added weekly to the SOLAHA website – link below – thanks to our terrific designer/manager Jill Fox of Port Town Websites, and tune in to see and hear all the stories.
We are ever grateful to our main sponsor Los Angeles County Supervisor Janice Hahn and website sponsors:Renaissance Group, James Hussey State Farm Insurance, Steve Kleinjan Clean San Pedro, ILWU Longshoreman’s Union Local #94, Council District 15, George Van Buren & Associates accounting services.
Other Memories From Tim McOsker
- Getting a Casual Card — Tim McOsker
- A Warner Grand Love Story — Tim McOsker
- Grandparents Come to San Pedro — Tim McOsker
- (former) Chief of Staff for L.A. Mayor James Hahn & “Clean Politics” — Tim McOsker
- Sneaking into Marineland — Tim McOsker
- Buying Mrs. Carroll’s House — Tim McOsker
- Responding to Tim McOsker, Vol. II, No. 15 – How he purchased his home
- The McOsker Firefighters — Tim McOsker