AltaSea CEO Tim McOsker tells the story of how he became Los Angeles Mayor Jim Hahn’s chief of staff — and how Mayor Hahn was dedicated to ending the “100 Year War” between the community of San Pedro and the Port of Los Angeles.
October 15, 2020
Stories Of Los Angeles Harbor Area – For Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
Vol. II, No. 29 – Tim McOsker recalls working as Chief of Staff for L.A. Mayor and “Clean Politics”
Tim McOsker, former Chief of Staff (COS)for City of Los Angeles Mayor James Hahn, recalls how he was appointed COS and how the Mayor was dedicated to ending the “100 Year War” between the community of San Pedro and the Port of Los Angeles (Note from SM: For many that “war” hasn’t really ended).
Born and raised in San Pedro, Tim is one of six children of parents also from SP. By profession he’s an attorney at law, is very active in local community, immediate past president San Pedro Chamber of Commerce board of directors, and currently CEO of AltaSea.
It’s “election season” so remember to cast exercise your privilege and vote on issues and for those running for public office. Note that this year the Warner Grand Theatre, historic downtown San Pedro, has been added as a “vote center.”
Other Memories From Tim McOsker
- Getting a Casual Card — Tim McOsker
- A Warner Grand Love Story — Tim McOsker
- Grandparents Come to San Pedro — Tim McOsker
- (former) Chief of Staff for L.A. Mayor James Hahn & “Clean Politics” — Tim McOsker
- Sneaking into Marineland — Tim McOsker
- Buying Mrs. Carroll’s House — Tim McOsker
- Responding to Tim McOsker, Vol. II, No. 15 – How he purchased his home
- The McOsker Firefighters — Tim McOsker