AltaSea CEO and San Pedro community leader Tim McOsker tells the funny story of buying the home of the lady whose son was his wife’s prom date. A great small town San Pedro story!
July 2, 2020
Stories Of Los Angeles Harbor Area – For Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
Vol. II, No. 15 – Tim McOsker Shares Charming “Hometown” story of how he and his wife bought their family home
Tim McOsker, attorney at law, former Chief of Staff for Los Angeles Mayor James Hahn, immediate past president San Pedro Chamber of Commerce board of directors, CEO of AltaSea; and active in local community. Born and raised in San Pedro, one of six children to parents (also from SP) Tim remembers how his how his dad became a firefighter and the poignant story of his two brothers who following in their father’s path became firemen and a particular heroic incident.
What a charming “old fashioned” story from Tim about how he and his beloved wife Connie purchased their family home. It’s perfect for this 4th of July “season” when there is much sentiment and nostalgia abounding as family gatherings are detoured and the world is coping with the “virus heard round the world.”
Whatever you do to celebrate remember that many died to preserve our freedom from 1776 onward and let’s salute all those who have served in the military for all wars, hope for peace, and of course appreciate our veterans.
Other Memories From Tim McOsker
- Getting a Casual Card — Tim McOsker
- A Warner Grand Love Story — Tim McOsker
- Grandparents Come to San Pedro — Tim McOsker
- (former) Chief of Staff for L.A. Mayor James Hahn & “Clean Politics” — Tim McOsker
- Sneaking into Marineland — Tim McOsker
- Buying Mrs. Carroll’s House — Tim McOsker
- Responding to Tim McOsker, Vol. II, No. 15 – How he purchased his home
- The McOsker Firefighters — Tim McOsker