Longtime San Pedro resident, Florence Kleinjan reflects on attending mass in the old Mary Star, Sunday family meals, and the values of taking care of family members that are less fortunate.
October 9, 2020
Stories Of Los Angeles Harbor Area – For Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
(SOLAHA) Vol. II, No. 28 Florence (Alba) Kleinjan reminisces about attending mass in the old Mary Star of the Sea Church,Sunday family meals, and the values of taking care of family members that are less fortunate.
Florence also comments about how people in previous decades seemed to care about and for neighbors and friends with less concern for self than others, that’s changed in contemporary times. With Thanksgiving approaching that truly gives pause for thought for us all and how we can, with sincerity, do more for those less fortunate.
Remember you can tune in to SOLAHA Volume I (and her husband Steve Kleinjan’s many terrific stories) and each week Volume II stories are added to the SOLAHA website.
Other Memories From Florence Kleinjan
- Great Grandmother’s Homemade Tortillas! — Florence Kleinjan
- Sunday Family Meals — Florence Kleinjan
- Transferring from Mary Star to Pedro — Florence Kleinjan
- Shopping at Ports of Call — Florence Kleinjan
- Baking Easter Bread with Grandma — Florence Kleinjan