Florence Kleinjan reveals how a nun rebellion opened the door for her to convince her parents to allow her to transfer from Mary Star to San Pedro High School — and the culture shock she felt when arriving at the much larger public school, including the requirement of showering with her female classmates after gym class.
August 27, 2020
Stories Of Los Angeles Harbor Area – For Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
(SOLAHA) Vol. II, No.21 Florence (Alba) Kleinjan “School Days…..”
Florence (Alba) Kleinjan recalls ”school days, school days, dear old golden rule days” with charming story of how a “nun rebellion” opened the door for her to convince her parents to allow her to transfer from Mary Star of the Sea High School to San Pedro High School (SPHS) — and the culture shock she felt when arriving at the much larger public school; and where she met her husband Steve Kleinjan (founder Clean San Pedro, see his stories in Vol. I).
Other Memories From Florence Kleinjan
- Great Grandmother’s Homemade Tortillas! — Florence Kleinjan
- Sunday Family Meals — Florence Kleinjan
- Transferring from Mary Star to Pedro — Florence Kleinjan
- Shopping at Ports of Call — Florence Kleinjan
- Baking Easter Bread with Grandma — Florence Kleinjan