Former Honorary Mayor of San Pedro, John Bagakis talks about the pride of being Greek, from the annual festival, to your saint’s day, the Olympics, and greatest of all, celebrating Easter Sunday with a roasted lamb..
April 29, 2021
Stories of Los Angeles Harbor Area: For Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Vol. II, No. 49 John Bagakis and stories of Greek heritage in time for Greek (orthodox) Easter May 2
Former Honorary Mayor of San Pedro, John is general manager of Big Nick’s Pizza, and currently serves as Harbor Area Planning Commissioner. Ever congeniel and enthusiastic he speaks about the pride of being Greek, from the annual festival, to your saint’s day, the Olympics, and greatest of all, celebrating Easter Sunday with roasted lamb.
John is a staunch supporter of local business and culture. A great example youth and the populace to participate and make a difference in the community and beyond.
Other Memories From John Bagakis
- Watching Italian Soccer at Grandparents House — John Bagakis
- Pride of Being Greek – John Bagakis
- Greek & Italian Heritage – John Bagakis
- Becoming Honorary Mayor – John Bagakis
- How Big Nick’s Fed 2,000 Hungry Cruise Ship Passengers – John Bagakis
- Greek and Italian Soccer Championships – John Bagakis
- Dive Bars of San Pedro – John Bagakis