Former Honorary Mayor of San Pedro, John Bagakis tells the story of growing up going to his grandparents house to watch soccer games from Italy.
June 11, 2021
Stories of Los Angeles Harbor Area: For Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Vol. II, No. 51 John Bagakis fondly remembers his Italian grandparents where he went nearly every day after school to learn about his heritage and watch soccer as a kid.
Commemorating the European Cup (soccer) tournament in which Italy defeated Turkey 3-0, sports enthusiast and ormer Honorary Mayor of San Pedro, John also is general manager of Big Nick’s Pizza, and currently serves as Harbor Area Planning Commissioner.
A loyal supporter of local business, history and culture John is great example for youth and entire populace to participate and make a difference in the community and beyond.
Hope all are enjoying the season and ready to “spring” into summer soon!
Other Memories From John Bagakis
- Watching Italian Soccer at Grandparents House — John Bagakis
- Pride of Being Greek – John Bagakis
- Greek & Italian Heritage – John Bagakis
- Becoming Honorary Mayor – John Bagakis
- How Big Nick’s Fed 2,000 Hungry Cruise Ship Passengers – John Bagakis
- Greek and Italian Soccer Championships – John Bagakis
- Dive Bars of San Pedro – John Bagakis