SOLAHA partner, local filmmaker and founder of San Pedro Magazine, Jack Baric tells stories of his summers spent on his parent Croatian islands — such a common occurrence in San Pedro that the town’s population seems to shrink every summer! Baric tells how when he was younger most people on the islands didn’t have cars so all travel was by small boats, which led to some wild adventures for him and his friends.
July 23, 2020
Stories of L.A. Harbor Area: For Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (SOLAHA)
Vol. II, No. 18 Jack Baric “Lost At Sea (drinks involved) A Croatian Island Summer Story
SOLAHA co-producer/director, local filmmaker Jack Baric and founder of San Pedro Magazine recounts stories of many summers he spent on the Croatian islands in the Adriatic Sea, where his immigrant parents descended from. As he notes it was such a common occurrence in San Pedro the town’s population seems to “shrink” every summer!
Jack remembers how in those youthful times most of the people on the islands did not have cars so all travel was by small boats, which led to some wild adventures for him and his friends.
Other Memories From Jack Baric
- A Croatian Immigration Story — Jack Baric
- Batter Up! A San Pedro Little League Story — Jack Baric
- Starting San Pedro Magazine — Jack Baric
- Christmas Party in DTSP — Jack Baric
- Italy; Occupiers to Freedom Providers — Jack Baric
- Lost At Sea In Croatian Islands — Jack Baric
- Dad Escapes Communism — Jack Baric